Monday, June 17, 2013

Do You Understand?

Saying sorry to someone you hurt doesn't make it better. Believe it or not, words leave bruises and scars that don't fade away. What you say can have a positive or negative effect. It can heal or it can destroy. Please think before you speak. I've made this mistake many times and I have to live with regret and guilt of hurting someone, but they have to live with the memories of the pain of my words. I've also been hurt by words. It's not fun, believe me. Words can change your way of thinking. If they tell you that you're ugly, eventually you'll believe it. It hurts, it hurts so bad. So many people who have been told they were fat became victims of the horrible insecurities that lead to things like anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating. "I'm fat, I deserve to starve. I'm worthless, I deserve to die. I'm unloved, I deserve the pain. I'm ugly, even makeup can't help." WORDS HURT!

No comments:

Post a Comment