Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Know

I do, I really do know how it feels. I know what it's like to avoid the mirror at all costs. I've told those lies. "I'm just not hungry." "I just don't feel well." "I'm just tired." "It was just the cat." "I fell." "No, their words don't hurt." "I'M FINE."
But I'm not fine. I cut myself. I've made myself throw up before. I've skipped meals. I've attempted suicide. I let my thoughts consume until my mind is in a dark and cloudy haze of depression. I hate looking in the mirror. I hate looking at pictures. I hate that people are fooled by my smiles. I hate it so much. I hate faking it. I hate pretending to be someone I'm not. I hate that I always have to wear long sleeves and jackets. I hate that I'm too insecure to wear shorts. I hate it. I hate myself.
I also know that I shouldn't take it out on myself. I shouldn't make myself throw up or skip meals. I know that I am beautiful in my own way. But, after years of insecurity, it's hard for me to believe it. Do me a favor, don't make that first cut and don't skip that meal. After a while it becomes like second nature. It becomes addicting. It becomes nearly impossible to quit. And it HURTS, it hurts so bad. I can tell you that YOU, whoever is reading this, are beautiful or handsome. Yes, guys can be insecure too. Guys can be cutters, anorexic, depressed, bulimic, insecure... But I want you to know, guy or girl, that if you're beautiful on the inside, that outshines all of the flaws you think you have.








If any part of your body looks like this:

















































I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE A FIGHTER. EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE SCARS, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR MAKING IT THIS FAR. I BELIEVE IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. I BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH TO SURVIVE AND MAKE IT OUT ON TOP. YOU HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL. I BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN WIN. PROVE TO EVERYONE WHO BRINGS YOU DOWN THAT YOU WON'T BE BROKEN THAT YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THEM, BECAUSE YOU ARE. I BELIEVE IN YOU!












No comments:

Post a Comment